As many know, caravans usually come with a mattress that is either way too hard or too soft. This however doesn’t mean you can’t update it with a mattress that better conforms to your body. But before you head down to the first store that offers caravan mattress for sale, do a research to find out what the industry has to offer and which option will best suit your sleeping and traveling habits. According to recent surveys, most caravan owners seem to prefer latex and memory foam mattresses. However, deciding which one is best for you should be based on what’s important to you – comfort or durability?
Memory foam mattresses, although known for their superior comfort and pressure relief feature (they mold to the shape of your body), are made using many harsh chemicals. Latex caravan mattress for sale, on the other hand, are made from liquid rubber, hence are dust mite and anti-microbal resistant. Moreover, they are designed to contour to the body in support of proper alignment. They combine the best of both worlds – health and durability, but are not as comfortable.
Latex Mattresses for Caravans
- These mattresses were first manufactured in the mid 1950’s and have since gained great popularity. Experts claim that they are the healthiest caravan mattresses on the market today due to the fact that they are made with natural substances from the rubber tree.
- These mattresses are also incredibly durable and some models can last even more than 15 years.
- If you are a kind of person who likes to sleep on a firmer mattress, latex is the right option for you as it has the ability to conform to your body’s natural curves without that ‘sinking’ sensation that memory foam causes.
- Latex mattresses tend to be more expensive than foam mattresses.
- If you tend to suffer from severe pains and aches when you sleep and you do not prefer firm mattresses, then latex might not be the ideal option for you as it is not designed for this type of support.
Foam Mattress for Caravans
- Because there is a great variety of memory foam mattresses available on the market, it may be easier to find the option that suits your needs.
- You don’t have to break the bank to get a decent quality memory foam mattress as the technology used in these mattresses is widely available, which makes them them cheaper than latex.
- These mattresses mold to your body in response to pressure and heat, thus, the surface evenly distributes body weight and returns to its original shape after you get up from your bed.
- If you tend to feel hot when you sleep, a foam mattress may not be for you as it can make you feel even hotter.
- Foam mattresses are usually built from synthetic materials.
- The lifespan of a foam mattress is usually shorter than the one of latex mattresses.
Remember, in case you cannot find an already made mattress to fit your caravan bed size, you can get a mattress custom made to fit your particular needs. If your local store doesn’t offer this option, you can turn to online stores which usually offer custom made mattresses for caravans and boats.