If you are tired of your frizzy hair, then it is best to get your hair permanently straightened. However, not everyone would submit to this chemical process. Many women try all sorts of ways to straighten their hair like using oils, coconut water, lime juice and many other treatments that in most cases are not successful. Styling your hair every day can cause more damage to your hair than if you had your hair permanently straightened. However, it is up to you to decide whether you want your hair permanently straightened or would rather struggle with frizz every day. Here are few advantages and disadvantages of getting your hair permanently straightened.
- Chemicals used to get your hair permanently straightened are designed to relax the curls for extended period of time. Hair straightening will make your hair perfectly straight and silky any time of the day and you will not have to spend time nor money on numerous products to achieve this style.
- Most women straighten their hair with flat irons. However, if repeated on a daily basis, flat iron will cause greater damage to your hair than having your hair permanently straightened. Ironing your hair is temporary opposed to permanently straightened hair which lasts up to 6 months.
- Before you have your hair permanently straightened, tell your hairstylist of any coloring treatments you previously had, so she can choose the best treatment that will effectively straighten your hair.
- Some treatments that make your hair permanently straightened do not allow your hair to be colored or bleached, and some do. Therefore, find a professional stylist that will know exactly how to apply the chemicals not damage your hair.
- To get the silky, straight hair and easy-to-style look, have your hair permanently straightened. You will have that perfect celebrity look and will be ready for any business meeting or a date without having to spend hours styling your hair.
- Getting hair permanently straightened is very common among women and some men as well. However, have a professional do it to ensure best results. Do not do this by yourself at home.
- If your hair is easy to straighten, then it is better not to apply harsh chemicals. Also, if you have thinning hair, do not have it permanently straighten as it can cause hair loss in some cases.
- Getting your hair permanently straightened can cause excessive dryness. Your hair becomes dull and dry as it lacks natural moisture. If your hair is already dry, then you probably need to reconsider the idea of getting your hair permanently straightened.
- Boredom is another reason why having your hair permanently straightened is not a good choice. If you change hairstyle often, for example every week, do not have your hair permanently straightened, since for the 6 months you will not be able to style your hair the way you like.
- Some people experience severe hair loss after getting their hair permanently straightened. The poor quality chemicals and the improper techniques can cause hair follicles to become weak, thus hair breaks from its roots. Therefore, it is extremely important to find a professional hairstylist that has had proper hair training and years of experience.