A forklift truck is an essential tool in the material handling industry. Before the forklifts, no other machine was capable to handle big loads quickly and efficiently. Today, as the technology moves forward, new and innovative machines emerge on the market all the time. The automated guided vehicles are the newest machines which are used for a variety of applications, including material handling. People are pretty skeptic when it comes to using automated guided vehicles, and choose the traditional forklift truck for warehouse applications. Most people see the automated guided vehicles as a threat to the traditional forklift truck. Companies that plan to get an automated guided vehicle, should determine the working environment in order to see whether this machine is suitable or not. The forklifts on the other hand, come in different sizes and with different attachments, which means they are suitable for various environments and tasks. Anyway, check what benefits these machines have to offer:
Benefits of AGV
- The automated guided vehicles reduce the labor costs, since they require little human interaction. Companies that want to cut some additional costs, should consider buying such machines.
- If we don’t take into account the time you will spend on repairs and reprogramming, the automated guided vehicles are designed to work without interruption 365 days a year.
- The AGV are ideal for cold storage areas, as well as for outdoor applications. Actually, they are suitable for all places where a forklift operator cannot perform.
- Another good thing about the AGV, is that you can attach a number of safety devices to minimize the warehouse accidents and collisions.
- The AGV minimize the human errors, ensuring in this way proper and smooth operation.
Benefits Of Forklift Truck
- The forklift truck has lower maintenance costs when compared to the automated guided vehicles.
- You can’t compare humans with machines. A forklift truck operator is capable to detect damaged floors and other environmental issues right away.
- Furthermore, the forklift truck operators are trained to fix possible breakdowns and issues during the working hours.
- A forklift truck is faster than the automated guided vehicle.
- An automated guided vehicle involves expensive technical programming, where as with a forklift truck you can repeat actions much faster and easier.
- If you want to increase your productivity, then you should definitely choose the forklift truck. You can find various attachments and tools which you can use to improve the performance of your machine and to get the job done quickly and easily.